DO YOU HAVE PASSION FOR BLOGGING ? Then the first step to take is to register a domain name for your blog
WHAT IS A DOMAIN NAME ? A domain name is the address where Internet users can access your website. It is used for finding and identifying computers on the Internet. Computers use IP addresses, which are a series of number like The domain name hides the IP address that most people aren’t interested in seeing or using, like the 220.127.116.11 address used by trickvile.com..
In other words, it’s much easier to type “trickvile.com” in your web browser than it is to remember and enter the IP address that the website uses. This is why domain names are so incredibly useful.
Examples of Internet Domain Names
Here are examples of what I meant by a “domain name:”
In this post, I will give you guidelines on how to choose your domain name, get it at the cheapest rate and also register with a superb hosting company.
Tips to buy your domain name:
- Keep it short: Always try as much possible to make your name short. Long names always skips the mind to remember so it is best to register a short name.
- .com or .ng: If you creating a blog that will have global audience then you should go for a .com domain. But if your blog is going to have Nigerian audience then it is best to choose .ng or .com.ng.
- Avoid Hyphens: Never think of registering a domain with hyphens or special characters because it might confuse your visitors who would possibly forget your name or mistype it in future and end up in another website.
- Choose your Registrar wisely: You must pick your registrar with extra care. A bad registrar can give lots of stress. So you must take some time when choosing your registrar.
Now lets come back to this generally asked question “How can I register my domains”?
Where to register your domain name?
As we all know,there are good number of providers who provide domain registration services, but it does not really mean they are the same. Note, no two domain registrars are ever the same.
And choosing the right one can save you a lot of money and also give the benefits of free add-on services.
From my recent research I can recommend you to register your domain names with DomainKing.NG without a doubt.
Why Do I Suggest DomainKing.NG?
Domainking.ng is your best company that offers quality hosting services . Why? Here are the benefits:
- Cheapest Domain pricing: Domainking.ng offers the cheapest pricing for all domain extensions. You can get .com for N2699, .com.ng for N999, .org for N4499 with them.
- Free Emails & Privacy protection: Some of the domain provider charge extra for the add-on services like privacy protection, DNS panel, blogger setup, emails etc. But all these services are totally free with every domain you buy from DomainKing.
- Affordable Web hosting: DomainKing offers the cheapest web hosting in Nigeria and what more you will need when you can get best prices for both domain names and web hosting from a single provider.
- Easy Domain Management: Many Registrars don’t offer full features in their panel for managing your domain. I know some registrars where you need to contact support just to get an EPP code. Imagine that! But DomainKing offers full control in their client panel.
- 24*7 hours Premium Support: Their support is among the fastest. You will get almost instant replies to all queries, it feels like they have dedicated support member for every client!
They have Instant live chat support available on their website with zero wait time while email and ticket support has the average response time of just 10 minutes.
If you are now convinced to register your domain with DomainKing.NG then read on to find out the steps to get started.
Steps to buy Domain Name on DomainKing.NG?
Step 1: In your web browser address bar Go to DomainKing.NG & search for the domain name that you want to register in the search box on top of their home page.
Step 2: Once you have entered your domain name & clicked search, then you will redirected to the search results page.
If your desired domain name is available for registration then Congratulations message will be displayed on the screen.
Step 3: Now you need to select the number of year. If you want to register domain for 2 year then you need to select 2 year from drop down menu..
After selecting the billing cycle you need to click on Click to Continue >> button as shown in below screenshot.
Step 4: In Domain Configuration page you need to select various free Add-On Services and enter the name-servers of your hosting account. After entering the required details you need to click on Continue to Final Checkout Page >> button.
Note: If currently you don’t have or know the name-servers then you can leave the entered default name-servers in it.
Step 6: After reviewing your order you need to scroll down to Your Details section where you need to register your account. You can select New Customer if you have not registered your email yet.
Step 7: Now you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to select your preferred payment method.
You can pay using your Naira Card, Verve Card, VISA card and Master card. If you are not using your card then you can also pay them via Bank Transfer or Bank Deposit
Step 8: After selecting your preferred payment method you need to select terms of services and click on Complete Order button.
Congratulatio! Your domain is now registered. You can check your registered email for the confirmation.
I hope you like my step by step tutorial on registering domain with DomainKing.NG. If you have any queries or doubts then you can ask via comment section below.